Sunday, May 06, 2007

Meh

Sore throat, feel crappy meh
Not really surprising though, have been so tired & run down for over a week now.
Am chugging back the VitC to hopefully knock it on the head. Lauren has developed a cough today so have dosed her up with VitC too.

Done a heap of baking today!
Orange & Poppyseed Muffins
Honey Snap Biscuits
English Muffins (these would have been a lot better if i had the corn/maize meal stuff)
and Flour Tortillas to go with our chicken wraps for dinner!

The tortillas were SO easy, I don't think I will ever buy them again!

Flour Tortillas

3 cups of flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
50gish butter
1 1/4 cup warm water

Mix dry ingredients. Cut butter in either with fingers or pastry thingy.
Slowly add warm water, mixing till you get a soft dough (I didn't use quite 1 1/4 cups) break/cut into 12 pieces, roll into little balls. ( i used less balls as I wanted big ones)
Leave to sit for 10ish minutes.
Roll out till they are quite thin and look like tortillas lol
Fry in a med-heat frying pan till it sort of bubbles, and flip, you can tell when they are done, have browned spots, once the pan is hot enough they don't take very long at all.

YUMMY! I reckon you could add herbs and yummy stuff too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look after yourself Dee! Where are those iron supplements? I'm taking them and have been feeling great!

And YUMMMM to all that goodness in the kitchen!

Dee said...

Have to wait till Damien gets paid then I'll get some :)

I had forgotten about them lol!

katef said...

ah bugger about the cold taking hold... I second Annette's cry for the suppliments.. mind you I am on day three and no miraculous change as promised!
Yay for the tortillas... you will never buy them again I assure you!