Saturday, May 26, 2007

Baking up a Storm

So I made the Austrian Jam Cookies from Stacey's blog and then I made these delights .. mmmmm goood!! Found them in my folder of 'things ripped out of magazines'

Choc-coconut roughs

3/4 cup self-raising flour (i used wholemeal)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 cups desiccated coconut
1 cup brown sugar
125g butter
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 egg, lightly beaten
150g chocolate, melted (I used dark choc buttons)

Sift flour & cocoa together into a large bowl. Stir in coconut and brown sugar, blend well.

Melt butter. Blend in golden syrup and egg. Add mixture to dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.

Drop tablespoons of mixture onto baking paper-lined baking trays

Bake in a moderate oven (180) for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown (how you can tell a chocolate biscuit is 'golden brown' I don't know) . Remove from oven. (now this always cracks me up)

Spread each biscuit with a teaspoon of melted chocolate. Top with a nut or piece of chocolate if desired (I didnt desire). Allow to cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.

I have already eaten too many lol

2 comments:

Stacey said...

OH GAWD... I am eating them in my head as I type... YUM!

Mr B said...

OH YUMMMMMMMM !!!!! My goodness, all these yummy recipes you girls keeping putting up, I am going to get so
fat !