Thursday, March 23, 2006

Blessed

My latest layout brought up so many memories.
My friend Saani passed away last year (she is the gorgeous one in the middle), the awful disease MS took her life, she had only had it for 4 years, she was so young, she left behind her beautiful 4 yr old daughter and a loving husband & family.

One memory that sticks with me is of little Bella dancing around at the funeral to Jeff Buckley's - Hallelujah, I am sure that Saani was dancing with her.

It just broke my heart to see Bella going up to the coffin, trying to see her mummy. She knows that mummy had to leave earth because God wanted her to be an angel.

FOr my beautiful Saani, I miss you and I hope that you are at peace.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a terribly tragic story Dee, but so nice that you are keeping her memory alive. Just beautiful.

Leah said...

That is so beautiful and touching Dee ... lots of loving thoughts to her little girl.

Stacey said...

It's a beautiful LO and the thought is even more beautiful... and I know how hard it must've been to do. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

:hug:
thank you Dee.

Jayne said...

Oh Dee that is so beautiful! I am sitting here with tears in my eyes.. What a lovely momento for your friend. "Hallelujah" is one of my all time facvourite songs, it is sooo beautiful, and so evocative.. I can imagine what an amazing moment it was to see Saani's daughter dancing to it :)

Blessings xx

Rae said...

What a beautiful tribute.