Friday, December 21, 2007

Grateful Friday

I think I am going to jump on the bandwagon.
I am grateful for:

  • Damien, although he may be a slackass when it comes to housework he is so loving towards me and the girls. He adores his girls and it shines through in his interactions with them.

  • Where we live, paying next to no rent in such a fabulous suburb, in a lovely house, we are so very very very lucky, I am grateful for this. To hear the birds and insects in the park, the hum of the main road, looking out the window and seeing trees and grass and in a more broad sense for being able to live comfortably, so many others do not have that. I take it for granted so much and 2008 it is my goal to become more Aware of the plight of others, of the impact my purchases and choices have on the rest of the world. It is so easy to live in our bubble but I want/need to get my head out of the sand a little.

  • The rocking chair, although it squeaks a LOT and Damien broke it a little last night, it enables me to get Miss A off to sleep without pacing and walking the floor. A wonderful friend has a newer chair for us, and I am also VERY grateful for that! We just need to go pick it up.

  • My girls they really are the sunshine of my life

3 comments:

katef said...

oh you have reminded me that it is Friday LOL... I am very grateful for that!

Mr B said...

Rocking chairs are just the best way to get babies to sleep, couldn't have lived without mine for the first 10 months.

Lovely post.

Anonymous said...

I've got one of those squeaky chairs too ;-)