Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Mind Willing - Motivation Lacking

SO I have had a few chats to a super organise friend (;) ) and am so super excited about getting my place organised... but I am yet to start, crappy days and then busy days and I feel it all slipping out of my grasp.

Before I can begin to set any sort of storage/tidying system in place I need to a big sort/throw out of the wardrobes.. There are two double door built in robes in Laurens playroom, one has shelves, the other has 'space' One side has clothes in a tall boy & boxes and board games, the other side has books and umpteen boxes filled with 'stuff'. The built-in in Laurens room has a dresser with her clothes in it and a few computer towers, and up above has umpteen computer bits and pieces

The robe in the bedroom has baby clothes in it that has been outgrown by anya, and stuff she is yet to grow into.

All of these robes need organising, but one at a time ...
SO tomorrow afternoon I am going to attack the 'clothes' side of the built-ins in the playroom, give away all the clothes I have not worn in ages and am not likely to wear, and fold neatly and put away the ones I will wear in winter, also sort out the boxes that are on that side.

My super-organised friend has some great ideas and I am probably going to enlist her help to implement them (a trip to Ikea is on the cards ;)) once I have sorted both sides of that wardrobe out (and the other two) I will then work out what storage (boxes etc) I need for what is left. SO excited at the thought of everything being neat & orderly, I know it won't always look like that, but if everything has a proper easily accessible home then maintaining that *should* be easier, and if I have less stuff there is less stuff to put away!

So I am very excited, can't wait to get stuck in ... but its that first step that is evasive atm

3 comments:

katef said...

oh yay for you! 2008 is the year of organisation in this house... but I am planning a 'slow and steady wins the race' kind of agenda... make sure you post all of your friend's tips here so I can steal them too!

Kristie said...

Yes.. share your tips - see my latest post on my blog - join me in my quest! :D

Rachael said...

I am very eagerly awaiting report on HOW you go today! I am blaaaaaaahing my way through the housework. I wish I had a 2 bedroom unit some days. I reckon half my energy and motivation gets sucked away by the stairs in my house :S