Friday, May 19, 2006

A New Leaf

I am turning over the proverbial leaf.
Usually this time sucker upper (aka PC) gets turned on as soon as I wake up, I am down here with my coffee catching up on stuff, and then the rest of the day I sit with my big fat bum wasting time.
No more!

This PC is not going to go on before Lauren goes down for her nap.
I am going to write up a list of things that need to be done each day & each week, and I am going to stick to it dammit. I am sick of living in a messy house with crap everywhere, I drags me down, and I believe my lack of willpower and this bloody time sucker are to blame.

So today it didnt go on till about 10.30 (mum was here and I needed to print something for her) Its only now that I have actually sat down properly to do something, but my house is tidy, I vacumned, did a general tidy up of every room and it feels damn good.

So now all I need to do is over the weekend do a big clean, and then maintain it.

Going to buy some storage containers and other things to organise .. stuff, I want this place semi-organised.

So a trip to Ikea is in store I think.

SO yay for me, lets hope I can keep it up!

7 comments:

anastasia_wolf said...

YAY! I would like to be there, but not yet LOL. For the moment I am happy with maintaining some semblance of order in the living area, the rest of the house be damned (and keeping on top of thr washing).

Narelle said...

Yay for you!

I got 2 great black leatherlook boxes for $15 from Ikea. Just be warned you need a screwdriver, spanner and a bottle of wine to put them together.

Lis said...

Good for you Dee!! I made a similar decision not so long ago, and boy it feels great doing other things other than sitting on the puter :) Have fun at Ikea!

Juzzy said...

Yay! Sounds like just the ticket Dee. I'm sure you'll feel immeasurably better when you spend a bit more time away from the puter. But it does mean you and I will have to spend more *real* time catching up, not just internet time. *hugs*

fazzbech said...

Would you stop inspiring me to do the same!! hehe Sounds like a great plan :)

Moi said...

Good for you Dee! I'm trying so hard to keep the same resolution at the moment - maybe I'll take your lead!

Melanie said...

Ok, I'm making this post on Tuesday, May 23 (USA). How is your new leaf turing experiment coming along? Is it still turned? I noticed you did get to the park to clean up after some irresponsible beer drinking lugs, but what about YOUR place? Got the clutter cleared yet? Just checking! :)

Melanie